Dr. Giraldo Kato Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Giraldo Kato?

Great doctor-major bummer they merged with Honor Health

Posted on July 25th, 2017

I've seen Dr. Kato since 2009 and really like him as my oncologist. I feel he is straight forward and takes the time required to talk to you. I just want a doctor that will answer my questions honestly and give me some trustworthy advice; I feel he fits this profile. Also, I have always found his staff to be nice and the chemo nurses were great when I went through that treatment years ago. My disappointment with Dr. Kato's oncology group at this time is that they merged with Honor Health in April, 2017. I have seen no benefit in this change for patients. I have been back for one follow-up visit since then and one now gets a hospital band put on your wrist. Who needs this added to the fun of chemo. What now used to be a specialist office co-pay visit for me is now that PLUS a separate bill from Honor Health for a facilities/outpatient charge. For my HMO, that means a $100 co-pay. God forbid I ever have to go through chemo again, but now that means I'll be paying $130 in co-pays every time I walk through the door. That is over a 400% increase. When I asked the receptionists why the hospital arm band their reply was "don't worry nothing about your care is changing". Well, they should have mentioned that now they are going to bill your insurance for the doctor and the "hospital outpatient visit".

Good Doc

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Very straight forward and knowledgeable. Always answered all of my questions and returned phone calls. His Staff is wonderful, always upbeat, kind and compassionate.

Posted on December 29th, 2014

Office staff wonderful. Dr.Kato seems rushed.Not enough TLC for me.

The Best

Posted on June 5th, 2014

If you have to go through cancer treatment you want to be under this doctors care! He is extremely intelligent/knowledgable, has great listening skills and bedside manner. All of his patients that I went through treatment with think he is the best!

I will always be grateful for this amazing. caring Doctor

Posted on August 4th, 2013

I was lucky to be referred to this dedicated Doctor. Every single person, whether it's a nurse, doctor or patient, has nothing but praise for this man. Dr. Kato really cares, is absolutely your advocate. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012 and he has been, as is, a steady calm influence in my life. I trust Dr. Kato completely. Kathy , his right hand is also the best...You call her and she is right back with answers. If you are going through this scarry thing called Cancer, go to Dr. Kato, he will make all the difference in your life.

Builds Confidence

Posted on March 29th, 2012

Dr. Kato gives straight forward options and opinions, the reasons behind those opinions then, treating you like an intelligent adult,makes sure you know the decisions are yours. I felt like he knew all of the information out there and knew how to use it. He's also a a very nice, kind man.

Posted on July 29th, 2010

Dr. Kato is wonderful and is very caring, thorough and doesn't have an ego that interferes with his approach with patients. He is a listener and cares about the overall quality of life, not only your physical but mental health through the process. I appreciate his approach since I'm a control freak and cancer really threw me for a loop. I am confident in his choices and recommend him highly.

Posted on June 21st, 2009

he's the best,. loves his patients and his patients love him.

Posted on June 1st, 2016