Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it & the symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sarcoidosis Facts about sarcoidosis, including causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Girish Sonpal
Dr. Girish Sonpal, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Whitestone, NY, with another office in Flushing, NY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology. Dr. Sonpal is affiliated with Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The and New York Hospital Queens. He speaks English.
Dr. Girish Sonpal has the following 1 specialty
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I love this man. He doesn't just examine me and diagnose the problem - he listens to what I say, carefully! He combines what I've said with his examination to come to a conclusion. I've been written off before by doctors who think I'm being a hypochondriac or just a complainer. Dr. Sonpal heard me and responded in kind. As a result, I feel much much MUCH better and I can't believe it! One point off for his staff. They are just ok - depends who you get that day I suppose.
I could not be more pleased with my experience at Dr. Sonpal's office. Dr. Sonpal is smart, caring and FUNNY (sometimes humor really is the best medicine, isn't it?). I feel at ease knowing my health is in his care and I can tell that, unlike some of the younger doctors today, he is not about the BOTTOM LINE. My friend Ethel just loves him too.
Dr. Sonpal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
New York Hospital Queens
American College of Rheumatology
44 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1969
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Girish Sonpal in this video.
Dr. Girish Sonpal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitestone, NY.