Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gladys P Velarde has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 6
After ;being misdiagnosed by a rural hospital, Dr. Velarde felt like my guardian angel who lifted me up and saved my life......This woman knows her stuff: I am always surprised at the "respect" other doctors giver her in saying of course I will DEFER to Dr. Velarde!!! Women--go no further this is the doctor you want on your side.
God was looking over me the day I was sent to see Dr. Velarde with congestive heart failure. She is compassionate ( something many doctors lack), interested in the whole person and a leader in her field. Other doctors have complete respect for her ( "we will defer to Dr. Velarde). She is not hesitant to question other doctor's orders, and yet willing to seriously consider their evaluations. I am convinced it is her caring and encouraging nature which was, in large part, a contributor to my state of great health today.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Gladys P Velarde accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUF Health Jacksonville, 655 W 8th St, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gladys P Velarde in this video.
Dr. Gladys P Velarde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.