Dr. Glen Sickorez Is this you?

1.6

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Glen Sickorez?

Careless and rude

Posted on November 16th, 2015

We saw Dr. Sickorez in the ER on a Friday evening. My son had been ill with cold or flu since the previous Sunday. We saw our pediatrician on Thursday, because my son seemed to be getting worse rather than better and was in an unusual amount of pain in his throat and head. They did a Strep test, and as the results were negative, it was assumed viral and there wasn’t much to be done, but by Friday night he was worse yet and in a great deal of pain even when on Tylenol or Advil. His eyes were red and emitting discharge and he had fluid coming out of his ear. I didn’t want to wait until Monday to get treatment, thus the hospital was our only option. In trying to summarize our needs, I focused on the ear with the intake person, but tried my best to concisely sum up the rest as I felt it relevant. We did get in fairly quickly, which was great and unexpected, but I was alarmed at Dr. Glen Sickorez’s dismissive tone as he entered the room and said “so, your ear hurts?” My son just nodded and so I added “Yes, among other things”. Dr. Sickorez turned to me and asked “And do any of those ‘things’ constitute an EMERGENCY?” His tone and behavior suggested we didn’t belong there and that we were wasting his time. I really needed his help and didn’t want to make things worse, so I politely explained that I didn’t want to wait all weekend to get treatment. Dr. Sickorez shrugged and said “oh, ok then.” He looked in my son’s ear for a few seconds and told us it looked infected. He said he would write us a prescription for antibiotics and numbing ear drops, and left the room without so much as looking down my son's throat or asking about any of his other symptoms. I was glad to be getting the antibiotics, and hopeful that my son might finally get a good night’s sleep with the ear drops, but taken aback by the carelessness of the exam. A few minutes later, a nurse returned with our papers and a pill in a cup that she handed to my son. I stepped in as he was about to take it and asked what it was. She said “oh, this is his Ativan.” Seriously?? I have no idea why she brought it or whom it might have been intended for, but the results could have been very bad. This was a frightening mistake. I am so glad I was there to stop it. To make matters worse, the pharmacist at CVS informed us that the ear drops Dr. Sickorez wrote a prescription for were discontinued and not approved by the FDA. This whole experience was alarming, and has made me afraid to return to Anna Jaques for any reason.

Posted on May 16th, 2015

Avoid at all costs, we are in a nightmare, 2 physicians could not believe discharged from er, completely inattentive

ER Visit - Don't Want to see this MD again!!!!

Posted on November 7th, 2012

This doctor seems to have a mindset for using natural and otc approaches which is fine for some, but they may not be the best approach when your are in the ER hurting in my opinion. Listen to your patients!!! Maybe a holistic office is a better option for him, certainly not the ER in my opinion! He is stubborn and agumentative!

Posted on August 27th, 2011

A horrible person. Total egomaniac. Misogynistic to the point that he may be a repressed homosexual. I'd rather bleed from my eyes than see him.

Disrespect, bullying of our beloved, elderly Mom and concerned family in ER

Posted on June 10th, 2011

Our dear, elderly Mom had been in the ER 4 times in one week, with a hospital visit for two nights in between, to stabilize an sudden and inexplicable series of seizure and syncope episodes, one in which she stopped breathing (had I not caught her, she would have fell and/or died). After just being released from the hospital after the third episode, she fell again within 4 hours after the doctors had upped the Keppra to 750 mgs, so we had to return to our local ER; this physician refused to listen to the complexity of the ongoing and changing situation, shot out questions then interrupted before we could respond, and leaped immediately to the conclusion that Mom was "severely demented" simply because she didn't know what year it was, and that the Red Sox were playing that night(she hates sports, and has only mild Alzheimer's with an underlying syncope/seizure-like activity, which leads to confusion- all this, on top of a high dose of new seizure medication. His misogynistic behavior toward both us all, and particularly Mom and Me (fortunately my husband was there to distract him from attacking and demeaning us for the entire exam), was utterly unconscionable. when I tried to explain why we were all so exhausted and confused after several days in the ER, he became so adamant and disrespectful as to infer in his report that we were not "competent to care for her," even as we had barely left her side, and had cared for her unceasingly since the ongoing seizures started. The hospital was supportive of us, as they had seen how well she has been cared for by us, and so we were encouraged to file a complaint. If you are ever in the ER somewhere in the Northeast, be wary of Dr. Glen Sickorez. We have found that he prefers to bully rather than to listen, to enter with his predefined agenda in order to judge rather than to care for his patients with compassion and empathy. If you are stuck with him, just answer with short yes or no questions; let him run the show, or request another physician. In our case, he stated that our beloved Mom was severely demented, even as she was fully cognizant that he was a misogynist and a bully, as he tried his high wire God-playing "act" on my husband. We all felt like emotionally battered prisoners until he sauntered out of the ER, bolstered by his report that stated he would start an investigation on his perception of our incompetency. We wrote a letter to the hospital, and spoke at length to the social worker, who had already observed our caring for Mom for days and stated openly that his claims were completely unfounded.

Posted on January 30th, 2017