Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Glen E Tonnessen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Had some very painful varicosities in both legs (came back with a vengeance 25 years after hospital stays to treat these issues) including a very large varicosity in my inguinal region (near my groin). Much to my surprise, all my issues were dealt with using only in office procedures. I would rate the work in his office as excellent in all ways.
Will be writing review on each of the doctors as I was privileged to have been a apart of their professional team of experts as a front desk receptionist HCV are a truly remarkable beyond high quality team of caring expertise doctors My ex-father-law a man I still see as like a dad is also a very satisfied patient of HCV They saved his life after a heart attack and has been his family care professionals ever since Dad D takes his recommended medicine from his doctors professional opinions eats right plays golf and he has been living a healthy strong vibrant life of quality and substance for many years ever since These remarkable doctors also treat all of their staff with the utmost of patience and kindness Hunterdon Medical their affiliation is a wonderful hospital and this team of experts has a true passion and commitment for people and are the kind of professionals that can ease the most stressed of patients in search of answers with their expertise knowledge and experience finding real solutions to very scary problems I highly recommend patients and loved ones can thoroughly trust this team The Docs all pros even make sure they take the time to be informed that the pharmaceutical teams they meet with inform them completely and correctly with every sample that is passed on for their patients. for the doctors to learn about and offer to their patients IN a world where to many sue and far too many sell out for greed it is a breath of fresh air to know their are many high quality choices for people to chose when searching for the very best in health care professionals
He was extremely pleasent and knowledgable. He made me feel comfortable and spend the time with me that I needed.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Saint Michaels Medical Center
Dr. Glen E Tonnessen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHunterdon Cardiovascular Associates, 1100 Wescott Dr Ste G3, Flemington, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Glen E Tonnessen in this video.
Dr. Glen E Tonnessen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flemington, NJ.