Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Glen R Van Loon MD
Dr. Glen R Van Loon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Benton, KY. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Van Loon is affiliated with Marshall County Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Glen R Van Loon has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Glen R Van Loon has the following 13 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Addison Disease
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Glen R Van Loon - Posted on August 30th, 2013
I think Dr. Van loon was very professional and knowledgeable. I see the nurse practitioner Anne. I think the whole staff gets an A+ rating. I finally see a doctor that is very concerned about me and isn't a jerk like so many other doctors I've seen in the past. I would highly recommend the whole staff to anybody that wants a caring staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Glen R Van Loon - Posted on July 19th, 2011
Dr. Van Loon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Toronto General Hospital
Dr. Glen R Van Loon Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsGLEN R VAN LOON MD, 619 Old Symsonia Rd Ste C, Benton, KY
Dr. Glen R Van Loon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Benton, KY.