Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Glenda Hickman has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Hickman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Methodist Hospital
16 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Galveston
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Glenda Hickman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3811 Sand Myrtle Dr, Houston, TX
Dr. Glenda Hickman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.