Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Glenn Albin MD
Dr. Glenn Albin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spooner, WI, with other offices in Sandstone, MN and Superior, WI (and 2 other locations). He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Albin is affiliated with St. Mary's Hospital of Superior, Essentia Health O St. Marys Medical Center and St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth. He speaks English.
Dr. Glenn Albin has 5 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Glenn Albin has the following 4 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Dr. Glenn Albin has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Glenn Albin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Albin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary's Hospital of Superior
Essentia Health O St. Marys Medical Center
St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth
Miller Dwan Medical Center
St Mary`sDuluth Clinic Health Systems
Essentia Health St Marys Hospital Superior
Essentia Health Duluth
SMDC Medical Center
ST Marys Medical Center
St Luke's Hospital Association of Duluth Inc
30 Years Experience
Baylor College of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Glenn Albin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Glenn Albin's office for more information.
707 Ash St Spooner, WI : (715) 635-2151
109 Court Ave S Sandstone, MN : (320) 245-2211
3500 Tower Ave Superior, WI : (715) 395-5454
400 E 3rd St Duluth, MN : (218) 786-3433
1625 Maple Ln Ashland, WI : (715) 685-7500
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Glenn Albin, MD - Cardiology in Spooner, WI, in this video.
Dr. Glenn Albin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spooner, WI.