Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Glenn R Buttermann
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stillwater, MN, with another office in Saint Croix Falls, WI. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Buttermann is affiliated with Unity Hospital and St John's Hospital. Dr. Buttermann has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann has the following 10 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Disorders
- Wounds and Injuries
- Bone Transplantation
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 49
Dr. Buttermann was able to repair a botched cervical spine fusion that the U of MN team had messed up several years before. The U team told me that my C-spine had been left so fragile after their botched job that they woudn't risk taking me to the OR to fix the mess they had made. They said my neck was going to spontaneously going to collapse and I was going to suffocate when it did, and that was all just too bad, they still would not risk operating to try to save me. I was walking around with a death sentance hanging over me when I went to see Dr. Buttermann. He proved them wrong! He fixed their sloppy work and gave me back a future. Thank you Dr. Buttermann!
Dr. Buttermann is a blessed amazing surgeon! My mother, Lois had a difficult challenge in life with her back. Ultimately, she ended up have two titanium rods and 16 screws that held her together, thanks to Dr. Buttermann. Dr. Buttermann help us when no one else would. There were two surgeries performed, as the rod's snapped twice in her back. Dr. Butterman worked with us to managed mom's pain. I am so very grateful and thankful for you, Dr. Buttermann. You gave us 8 extra years with mom. So, I guess what I am saying, if you have back issues please call this talented blessed man. Grateful and thankful! Lynda Jennrich Braaten
In 1967 I had a motorcycle accident that nearly ended my life. I was really broken up. I healed slowly but about 10 or so years ago things caught up with me and I had so much pain with not much hope in sight. Then Dr Butterman and Eric Salsman did my back surgery and now I'm a 66 year old woman, pain free and walking. I was told many years ago by the doctors who first saw me after the accident, that I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I'm 30! But Dr Glenn Butterman changed that diognosid for me and here I am to tell one and all he is the best Dr I've ever known. Go see him if you have back problems. He knows his stuff. Doctor Butterman came to my rescue and I thank him. God bless you Dr Butterman and Dr Eric Salsman.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Buttermann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Glenn R Buttermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stillwater, MN.