Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shawna Gallemore MD
Dr. Shawna Gallemore, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Las Cruces, NM, with other offices in El Paso, TX and Harlingen, TX (and 6 other locations). He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Ophthalmology. Dr. Gallemore is affiliated with El Paso Psychiatric Center, Del Sol Medical Center and Las Palmas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Shawna Gallemore has 9 locations
1205 N Ed Carey Dr
Harlingen, TX 78550
850 W Florida St
Deming, NM 88030
147 E Price Rd
Brownsville, TX 78521
700 Mechem Dr
Ruidoso, NM 88345
301 Lindberg Ave
McAllen, TX 78501
816 10th St
Alamogordo, NM 88310
2030 S Solano Dr
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Book Online Now
Dr. Shawna Gallemore has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Shawna Gallemore has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Shawna Gallemore is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Gallemore is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
El Paso Psychiatric Center
Del Sol Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center
Edinburg Regional Medical Center
47 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Shawna Gallemore Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shawna Gallemore is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Cruces, NM.