Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Glenn D Hedgpeth has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Glenn D Hedgpeth has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 19
1st)Dr. Hedgpeth didn't thoroughly explain his findings after doing an EGD & Colonoscopy on my husband. He failed to explain a necessary change in diet and failed to go over the photos of the procedures with me after they were done. Luckily the nurse did and also explained the change in diet etc.2)Dr's office staff: You can NEVER speak to a person starting from when you call to make an appointment. You must leave a message for them to call you back. I called daily for a solid week trying to get an alternative medication for my husband due to the high co payment of the one that Dr. Hedgpeth prescribed and left a message every time and NO ONE EVER called me back. When I saw the Dr. on the day of my husband's procedure I asked him about the medication and he told me my husband could take an over the counter (Zantac) that may be cheaper. (Why didn't he just tell us that instead of giving a expensive prescription?) I went on to tell him about the problem in getting a call back from his office staff and all he said was "that's how their phone system works" and showed no concern about it what so ever...so I just said "Ok, thanks Dr." and will NEVER see him again and will tell everyone I know not to either.
42 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Lsu Health Sciences
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDr Bruce S Samuels Llc, 207 Highland Park Plz, Covington, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Glenn D Hedgpeth in this video.
Dr. Glenn D Hedgpeth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, LA.