Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Glenn E Merz has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Glenn E Merz has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Glenn E Merz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Glenn E Merz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have been a patient for almost 20 years. I have found Dr. Merz will spend an appropriate amount of time with me. He has been rushed at times and other times he has spent what I would consider extra time to make sure my needs were met. It all seems to even out in the end. I have had a few lengthy waits over the years but over all I am usually called back within 10 - 15 minutes and I have seen Dr. Merz within 10 minutes of completing the history and vitals being taken by the nurse. A typical visit for me lasts about an hour from start to finish. One of the things that I have been happiest about is the fact that Dr. Merz IS NOT a 'pill pusher'. A great many doctors write a script and send you on your way. He has encouraged life style and behavioral changes to correct problems verses prescribing some drug treat or conceal problems. Only when necessary or at my request has he been willing to prescribe meds and then he has always taken the time to discuss pro's & con's of the meds being prescribed.
Dr. Merz is a decent doctor. He listens to my history and my concern and does explain the method of treatment well. The problem comes in to play with the staff and scheduling. One employee, Jeneta, is consistently rude, lazy, and lack any sense of professionalism what so ever. I have had conversations with my insurance provider and their staff continues to have difficulty getting paperwork sent to them. When following up with the statue of paperwork, my insurance provider has informed me that they also get rude and unprofessional comments for Jeneta. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DR. MERZ TO MY FRIENDS OF FAMILY!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Merz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1989
St Marys Medical Center
Dr. Glenn E Merz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHarborwood Family Medicine, 1675 Leahy St Ste 301, Muskegon, MI
Dr. Glenn E Merz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muskegon, MI.