Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Glenn G Soppe has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Glenn G Soppe has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Glenn G Soppe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Glenn G Soppe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Very accommodating office. Usually have no problem getting an appointment the same day or next day. Will likely be with this PAs, however they are very competent and effective. Additionally when I've had special needs Doc steps in, and is effective in his care. He likely doesn't have the bedside manner for my kids but he is aggressive in getting the right treatment. Over the holiday break he was in office, and saw my wife (note we are NOT concierge members) he took adequate time and an aggressive course of treatment to keep her out of the hospital. It worked, and worked well!
After being recommended to Dr Soppe by my surgeon I was very happy with the staff, but that was about it.I was warned by the staff that Dr Soppe only works half days in the Encintias office most days of the week, and that in many cases I'd likely end up seeing the Physicians Assistants as opposed to the Doctor.During our first appointment, I would characterize Dr. Soppe as blunt and rude. If you can get past his abrasive style, he may be a decent Doc, I was willing to give him a shot.I was told to go across the hall and get a blood sample drawn for some bloodwork. The single solitary gal working there was complaining that she had a mountain of specimens to get ready for Fed Ex and I'd have to wait 20 mins. OK, no problem. 40 mins later I inform the gal that I am late to inject IV antibiotics, can she please puase from her shipping duties to draw my blodd - and I got a whole bunch of attitude in return. About an an hour after arrtival I finally got my blood drawn which took a total of 90 seconds. I will never go to this lab again, but really, they are an associated lab, not Dr Soppe's direct employees, so I don't hold this against Dr Soppe.A few weeks later I called Dr Soppe requesting a call back to briefly discuss a sensitive issue - the response I got was from his secretary stating that Dr Soppe has been ill for two days and he thinks I should find a new General Practitioner!No problem, buddy. You're fired.If you are looking for a Doc in Encinitas, and you are not already a friend of Dr Soppe - Go someplace else.He acts like he is doing you a favor by seeing you, and is his personality is abrasive at best.
Dr Soppe, his PA's, and his staff are so accomidating, caring and do an amazing job of all around care for our entire family! I have seen many misconceptions about him and his practice, he is not a conceirge choice doctor, and he doesnt sugar coat things which is nice. I prefer having a doctor that tells me straight to the point and gets me the care we need. So happy to be patients of this office!
Dr. Soppe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Glenn G Soppe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGlenn George Soppe MD, 345 Saxony Rd Ste 204, Encinitas, CA
Dr. Glenn G Soppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.