Dr. Glenn A Teplitz Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Glenn A Teplitz?

carpal tunnel

Dr Teplita performed surgery on both my wrists for carpal tunnel syndrome. I had suffered for 20 years with symptons of numbness, pain & tingling, interfering with my sleep & daily activities. Surgeries were done a few months apart.It was quick & painless. Recovery was speedy & its been 6 years! I'm sympton free and it was the best decision I ever made! I only wish I had done it sooner. PS`Dr Teplitz is a great guy!

MY EXPERIENCE

DR. TEPLITZ A FEW YEARS AGO CURED A RARE CONDITION OF MINE. MY HAND WOULD GO INTO SPASMS AND LOCK UP ON BOTH HANDS AND HE WENT IN EXPLORATORY TO DO A NERVE RELEASE(PRONATOR) AND HE COMPLETELY GOT RID OF MY CONDITION. I HAVE ALSO GONE TO HIM AFTER THAT FOR TENNIS ELBOW AND WAS GIVEN CORTOSONE SHOTS TO ALLEVIATE THE PROBLEMS. HE IS SUCH A GOOD DOCTOR AND A VERY NICE GUY TO DEAL WITH AS WELL. I SWEAR BY HIM. THANK YOU,

Professional, very competent and a nice guy.

Very professional Doctor in a comfortable professional setting along with several other very good doctors. You can feel very comfortable with him.

Dr. Teplitz saved and restored use my right arm after a severe break.

Three Words - Caring , Understanding , Professional .

The only hand surgeon I would ever use. He is wonderful.

Fantastic Doctor!

There isn't a more caring physician or surgeon in the world, and he is a top Hand surgeon. Highly recommend him, and he also tells a few good jokes!

Excellent!

I am not sure who the others who rated Dr. Teplitz saw but not the doctor that I see. He is attentive, pleasant, and knows what he is doing. I was able to get in very quickly after a wrist fracture. Not too long of a wait. Average for Long Island. Most doctors have at least some type of wait. If you need a hand doctor, he's your man. See for yourself and ignore the bad comments others gave.

The positive reviews of this doctor had to come from him or hired public relations, because although he may be tops in his field of hand surgery, he is an "angry little man" as his own colleagues describe him. Nevertheless, I tried to look past his bedside manner, but after the last two visits, I would never return to this napoleon complex troll. He is highly unprofessional, insulting, condescending and a disgrace to his professsion. Pathetic individual,but I believe in karma, his treatment of people who obviously are in pain and have to subject to his cruel treatments will come back to him.

Superb Surgeon, Great Bedside Manner, Hard to get appointment

Dr. Teplitz, as evidenced by his inclusinon In Castle Connelly's Top New York Metro Doctor's year after year,is in the top 1% of hand surgeons as nominated his peers.Based on that, I am confident in his ability as a surgeon.He is one of only 4 hand surgeons in Nassau County who is on that list.He was highly recommended by a physician friend of mine.He has a fantastic personality, great sense of humor and is warm and caring.I find the last comment to be disturbing.I don't find Dr. Teplitz to be the least bit strange .He is far from the stereotype of the uncaring ,arrogant surgeon.I was quite nervous in a pre-surgical apppointment, and he tried very hard to diffuse my anxiety and reassure me. I was about to have surgery, when Dr. Teplitz chose to cancel my surgery because the skin of the area had developed a callous. Dr. Teplitz said that if he operated it would"leave a crater in my finger."I think it says a lot about Dr. Teplitz that he was willing to give up a very lucrative hour of O.R. time that was already booked, out of concern for the welfare of his patient.I imagine that there are surgeons who would have gone ahead and operated.I appreciate that he put my well being ahead of his income.He is very conservative in treatment, unlike many surgeons. He saved me from surgery that was already booked with another surgeon for carpal tunnel syndrome. Dr. Teplitz has nearly cured me with non-invasive methods.The only caveat is that it is very difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Teplitz. That is the only drawback.He is operating on me next week and I am fully confident that I am in the best hands possible.

Excellent Dr. , too hard to get an appointment

Dr. Teplitz came highly recommended. I was on the verge of having carpal tunnel release surgery with another hand surgeon, which Dr. Teplitz deemed completely unnecessary. Instead, he gave me a prescription for custom made splints, and sent me to occupational therapy, took the time to give me practical advice regarding ergonomics regarding computer usage. I am confident in his abilities as a doctor, and am grateful that he is not "scalpel happy" and saved me from planned surgery. On the other hand, it is nearly impossible to get an appointment with him. It generally takes at least a month to get an appointment with him. I had a cyst in my finger and had had them before. I knew that a procedure needed to be done on it. I was informed that Dr. Teplitz was at a convention and was not offered a covering doctor. By the time I was finally able to get an appointment to see him,many weeks later, the cyst burst on its own, which could have caused infection.Dr. Teplitz asked me why I hadn't attended to the problem sooner ! I have had situations where I have been in pain, and called up, hoping that the Dr. would work me into his schedule, the way other doctors ordinarily do, and was told to wait for a regular appointment, which could be a month. He told me that my problem wasn't "Urgent". In my experience, other orthopedists have treated the identical complaint as "urgent" and gotten me in on the same day, not told me to speak to the secretary and make a regular appointment for a month later. I believe he is a competent doctor, and I would trust him to do surgery, but I am thinking of finding another doctor. I am comparing his responsiveness regarding an urgent need to be seen to the responsiveness of multiple other physicians. It is also uncommonly difficult to get an appointment with him.

Very unprofessional and a strange person. I would not recommend him.

Dr. Glenn A Teplitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garden City, NY.