Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gloria N Buentello has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Nutritional Support
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 9
Daughter had to have an upper GI with biopsies performed, we were told we would receive results the following Wednesday or Thursday along with a date for a follow up visit. It's now the FOLLOWING week, I've left 3 messages that have went unanswered and I'm highly upset. I might add that an assessment by this "specialist " was never performed on my child. She never touched her belly or listened to her with a stethoscope. I know better and should have went with my gut instinct.
I have taken my son to this doctor for months. I was grateful that she did complete blood tests and urine analysis; however, other than this, the visits were a waste of time. She just continued to give my son prescriptions for doses of myralax, priobotics, mineral oil, enemas, and suppositories. One time she gave me a prescription and then when we came back, she said oh he shouldn't have that for more than 10 days in a row, well you told me to do it daily, and here we are 2.5 weeks later, and now you tell me that! I was very upset. Everyone wants to say my child just doesn't want to go poop! I know my child and that is not the case! He potty trained in 3 days, he tries to go poop too, but he can't. He either is plugged and cries because he can't go, or we give him all the medication and he has diaherria and can't control when he does go. Frustrating!
This dr was so rude. She made many rude comments about my daughter's weight, even though she is only slightly chubby. She said she should walk home for exercise. She also did not give my child a checkup. We went in several times and she did not touch my child once. All she did was give us medicine to help her have bowel movements. Her primary Dr was very upset about this and recommended us elsewhere.
Dr. Gloria N Buentello accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardio Specialists Group Ltd, 24 Joliet St, Dyer, IN
Dr. Gloria N Buentello is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dyer, IN.