Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gloria Shenkir has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have been a patient of Dr. Sweder's ( now Dr. Shenkir) for many years. I have nothing but good things to say regarding her as a doctor. She listens and is very attentive when dealing with her patients. She gets the patients involved in the decisions regarding the best course of treatment and care for them. If it's something out of her expertise, she will refer you to someone who is knowledgeable. Now, I have to admit that I too, have experienced appointment cancelations and can understand how it can be frustrating to some. However, I do remind myself that doctors are human too and have unexpected emergencies like the rest of us. Therefore, no one knows what the reasons for those cancelations are. Especially having a new baby and becoming a mom for the first time. I also have to add that; for awhile, she was filling in for a couple of doctors that either retired or moved on. Personally, I would rather have a well rested and refreshed doctors making decisions over me than one who isn't. Again, I can understand others frustration, but this isn't a deal breaker for me. I will continue to see her and would recommend her to anyone.
I have been seeing Dr Shanker for about 3 years. She has cancelled 3 or 4 appointments with me. No phone call or anything, I show up for my appointment and they tell me she called into work so they have to reschedule. Here I take off of work and still need to pay a babysitter all to go in just to be told I cant be seen. I am switching doctors today. Although she is a vey nice lady I have never in my life been treated like this by anybody I have had an appointment with. My nail salon is better at keeping my appointments than she is. I would not recommend her unless you enjoy waisting your time trying to be seen by her.
Dr. Shenkir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Columbia St Marys Hospital Columbia
Columbia St Marys Hospital Milwaukee
10 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Gloria Shenkir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProspect Medical Commons Express Care, 2311 N Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gloria Shenkir in this video.
Dr. Gloria Shenkir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.