Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gloria Valdez
Dr. Gloria Valdez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. She has 48 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Valdez is affiliated with NYU Lutheran Medical Center, Kings County Hospital Center and SUNY Downstate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Gloria Valdez has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Valdez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NYU Lutheran Medical Center
Kings County Hospital Center
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Suny Downstate Mc at Lich
State University of New York Health Science Center at B
University Hospital of Brooklyn
University Hospital of BrooklynSuny Downstate
Long Island College HospitalBrooklyn, Ny
Suny-Health Science CenterBrooklyn, Ny
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Univ Hosp of Brooklyn-SUNY Ctr
SUNY Health Science Center
Brooklyn University Hospital
48 Years Experience
Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation
Graduated in 1965
Elmhurst Hospital Center
Dr. Gloria Valdez accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsSUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Gloria Valdez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.