Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Godwin N Njoku
Dr. Godwin N Njoku, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oneonta, NY, with another office in Oneonta, NY. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Njoku is affiliated with A O Fox Hospital. Dr. Njoku has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Godwin N Njoku has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
BEST DOCTOR EVER...we just had an apt at OFP today and it was the most unpleasant apt. ever, It's not the same without you as my doctor, When you were there, things got done like they were supposed to, and when you were there, I got real answers to the reason for my apt., followed by tests to confirm it, instead, at todays apt. I felt ignored and pushed aside when I asked for answers., we need you back! Where are you?
I have been without primary care for two years due to feeling judged and less than by other providers, as my health has declined, i knew i needed a doctor, when Dr. Njoku was recommended by a friend it did take a long time to get in, as Dr. Njoku was not taking new patients, I am glad I waited, I met with Dr Njoku today, and he listened, was compassionate and made me feel as though we are going to be a team, not in any way did I feel judged. This man is a blessing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Njoku is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Godwin N Njoku accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Godwin N Njoku is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oneonta, NY.