Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real MD
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Fe, NM, with other offices in Tyler, TX and Santa Fe, NM (and 2 other locations). His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Alvarez Del Real is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real has 5 locations
1651 Galisteo St Ste 8
Santa Fe, NM 87505
1651 Galisteo St Ste 8
Santa Fe, NM 87505
1128 Medical Dr
Tyler, TX 75701
801 Medical Dr Ste A
Longview, TX 75605
Book Online Now
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real has the following 11 expertise
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real - Posted on September 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real - Posted on April 29th, 2017
Worth The Wait
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real - Posted on October 21st, 2015
It takes a long time to get into see Dr. Alverez. Once you do, it is totally worth the wait. He is caring, compassionate, and right on the ball about dealing with allergies. I was impressed that in my first visit he went ahead and did the allergy tests so that we could move forward with my treatment.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Alvarez Del Real is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gonzalo Alvarez Del Real is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Fe, NM.