Dr. Gonzalo Pandolfi Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Gonzalo Pandolfi?

Very informative ohysician

Posted on February 2nd, 2017

Dr Pandolfi was very informative and took the time to review my CT scan images with me during my visit. Shelly helped me schedule appointments and gave me a pamphlet with contact information to reach her directly with any questions. The overall caring and compassion from Dr Pandolfi, Shelli and the rest of their office staff was beyond what you find in most physician offices. I would highly recommend them.

Horrible assistant - Shelli should be fired or at least supervised closely by someone who will do it right!

Posted on July 20th, 2015

I wasted a lot of time preparing for GI surgery including having my child take a wasted vacation day to drive me home afterwards. Less than 24 hours before the surgery, Shelli called me to abruptly cancel the surgery saying that she had to have permission from another one of my doctors before Dr.Pandolfi could do the surgery, and my doctor was on vacation (because it was summer), so Dr. Gandolfi had to have permission from my rheumatologist to do a colonoscopy and had to cancel the procedure because she couldn't get hold of him. I've never had a licensed physician say they could not do surgery without the OK of another licensed physician. Anyway, my guess is that Shelli forgot to get this task done during the months leading up to the surgery (during which my doctor was at his office), remembered only at the last minute, and then blamed me for the cancellation because my doctor was doing what he had every right to do, take a pre-planned vacation. If she had even mentioned this to me in all the written instructions she gave me, I could have asked him to do whatever he was being asked to do, but the first time I heard about this requirement was less than 24 hours before the surgery. THEN, she stalked me with numerous letters over several months "signed" by Dr. Gandolfi, reminding me that s/he had directed me to have this surgery and I had not had it; telling me to call Shelli at his/her office immediately to do it all over again (I met once with Dr.Gandolfi, and thought he was professional, and so I doubt he even knew Shelli canceled the surgery at the last minute, I suspect she told him that I canceled it at the last minute.) I certainly was not going to go through the elaborate preparation she demanded, a second time. Instead, I found a different gastroenterologist, who did not need to have anyone's permission to do a colonoscopy (except the IL Board of Professional Regulation, of course), and he was puzzled as to why Dr. Gandolfi would have needed a rheumatologists's permission to do a procedure in his own specialty area that has nothing to do with rheumatology. It was a very exhausting, stressful, and negative experience, where nothing was accomplished. Dr.Gandolfi seemed nice the one time I met him, but he needs to supervise his employee much more closely.

Excellent physician

Posted on June 26th, 2015

Great bedside manner. Dr Pandolfi was very thorough in reviewing my test results with me. He and his staff, Shelli and Caren, are one of a kind. They show compassion and understanding to their patients. I will definitely recommend this physician and practice.

Posted on June 17th, 2015

Met Dr. Pandolfi for the first time in the hospital I was pleasantly surprised with this doctor and his willingness to listen as well as his caring bedside manner. He gave me feedback to my condition in terms that I understood, I felt like I mattered and was not just another patient.

Posted on June 12th, 2015

Very good doctor, great follow up and expertise in the advanced endoscopic procedure needed for my care

Posted on May 2nd, 2015

Very bad experience with this facility and this doctor.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

Very disappointed with this doctor's expertise and care.

Great Dr

Posted on February 28th, 2014

Dr Pandolfi is a great Dr. He spent a great deal of time with myself and my husband in the office and even called me to follow up by phone. I have great respect for him as a Dr and would highly recommend him.

Compassionate Dr

Posted on November 7th, 2013

I feel truly blessed to have Dr Pandolfi on my side helping me understand my recent diagnosis and treatment options.

Excellent Physician

Posted on August 21st, 2013

Dr Pandolfi is a great physician! He has a great staff, excellent bedside manner and has a way of making you feel better even when given a difficult diagnosis. I would highly recommend him and his staff .

Posted on March 29th, 2013

I was dissapointed with this doctor's care and the outcome of my procedure.

Such a Wonderful Doctor!

Posted on March 7th, 2013

I have discussed many issues with Dr Pandolfi. He was always so helpful and gave me solid advice. He operated on my daughter as well. He has totally gained my faith and trust. My daughter is doing great and so am I.