Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr
Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Rapid City, SD. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Abernathie is affiliated with Regional Rehabilitation Institute, Regional Health Behavioral Health Center and Sioux San Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr - Posted on February 17th, 2015
One of the kindest and caring physicians with a wonderful and relaxed sense of humor. His diagnostic skills are excellent. My health issues make diagnosing me rather complex and difficult, I feel confident that he will understand and if he can't get it nailed down he would recommend a specialist, his knowledge, experience and skills are excellent which allows him to spend time discussing your current health issue or any other problems related to your health. Dr Abernathie practices with confidence and an easy manner keeping his ego out of the equation.
Dr. Abernathie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
United States Air Force Base Hospital
Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEALTH CONCEPTS, 5410 Sheridan Lake Rd, Rapid City, SD
Dr. Gordon C Abernathie Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rapid City, SD.