Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon K Ahlers II has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Ahler's was my primary care physician for many years when he practiced in Vermont. He is at least as much a scientist and detective as a physician. I found him to be communicative, creative, and collaborative, helping me fully understand my conditions and his diagnoses, and participate fully in my own care decisions. His scientifically informed, sometimes extra-conventional attacks on disease helped me overcome mononucleosis in a week, beat Guillain-Barre syndrome in 3 weeks without paralysis or hospitalization, and saved me from double pneumonia with 40% lung impairment (clear on chest x-rays) that had been mis-diagnosed and "blown off" by another practitioner (because my lung capacity is unusually large to begin with).
38 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Gordon K Ahlers II accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWoodland Healthcare Davis, 2330 W Covell Blvd, Davis, CA
Dr. Gordon K Ahlers II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Davis, CA.