Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr MD
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with other offices in Abingdon, VA and Petersburg, VA . He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Johnston Memorial Hospital, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr has 3 locations
200 Medical Park Blvd
Petersburg, VA 23805
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Gordon does Excellent Knees
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr - Posted on December 25th, 2017
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Indian Path Medical Center
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Russell County Medical Center
Johnson County Community Hospital
Southside Community Hospital
Southside Regional Medical Center
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Richmond
Richmond Community Hospital
19 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr's office for more information.
2220 Edward Holland Dr Richmond, VA : (804) 715-6129
16000 Johnston Memorial Dr Abingdon, VA : (276) 258-4053
200 Medical Park Blvd Petersburg, VA 23805
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gordon Alexander Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.