Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon S Bowers Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 20
TERRIBLE office! Hopefully nothing is wrong with you because you'll wait over a month to get any type of results, all while suffering with no treatment or medication because he doesn't believe in giving pregnant women medication! So glad I switched doctors! Don't use this office! You'll have nothing but anger, confusion, and regret!
Dr. Bowers is a good doctor and is very informative and answers questions. But he is very over booked and I felt like I was "just a number" when I went to my visit. I am a first-time mom and I don't know what to expect. So if you are looking for a in-and-out Drs. office and already know what to expect when expecting he is a good doctor. I feel like some of the staff is unprofessional. I just would not recommend for first time moms, it can be overwhelming being rushed.
I used Dr. Bowers my very first pregnancy back in 2008. He is a really good doctor but when you visit his office, you don't just deal with him. His staff are extremely rude(especially the fat light skinned on behind the counter) and the short lady with short hair and glasses. He has maybe three staff members that are really good.(love Mrs. Ann)He is not a great doctir for first time mothers, he does not educate you on what is going on or what is going to happen. I learned all of my "need to know" from the book "what to expect when expecting". He is really a good doctor though, he knows his stuff. I had my daughter with out no complications and with out having to be cut in any way shape or form. I seen him only once after delivery when he came to check on me after they removed me from delivery room. I changed doctors with my second child because his staff mainly. They had input some incomplete dates in my chart for one of my test and it came back that I was going to have a child with down syndrome or spinal bifida. When I asked the staff about what was going on, they told me to wait to talk to the specialist down in Lafayette almost a month later! When I finally got to see maternal fetal medicine in Lafayette, the doctor told me that this was not the first time that it had happened but they put into the computer that I was 19 weeks and 6days when I was really 14 weeks and 6 days. It made a huge difference! My test was inaccurate and I decided to change doctors since his office was clearly overwhelmed with patients. I also had a placenta previa so I was not taking any chances on them not getting it together! I wish I could have stayed with Doctor Bowers though, I really did like him.
58 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1960
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Gordon S Bowers Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Clinic Of Alexandria, 501 Medical Center Dr Ste 300, Alexandria, LA
Dr. Gordon S Bowers Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Alexandria, LA.