Dr. Gordon A Byrnes Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gordon A Byrnes?

We have seen Dr. Byrnes since years now. He is very competent and friendly and takes his time with his patients. We love this office very much, the staff is incredible friendly.

Competent doctor, but horrible reception/checkout process

The office is very busy. After waiting in the reception area for over 30 minutes, I was moved to a second waiting room for another 45 minutes. The doctor was rushed, but is very knowledgable. He didn't really want to go into details with me about my condition and referred me to the NIH website. The brochure he gave me was for first graders, not adult readers. The technicians were great, especially the one taking the pictures of my eyes, but the other staff was horrible. They wanted to charge me the entire visit even though I gave them my insurance, which they accept. She kept saying I hadn't met the deductible so had to pay, I kept telling her that I only had to pay the copay. She threatened to sue me for not paying even after I made her talk to the insurance company. She was extremely rude. Even when I checked in, they were rude, I think they thought I knew what to do, but it was my first time. My next appointment was in a year, but they wanted me to make an appointment and pay the fee for not showing up right then and it would be reimbursed if I actually did show up. Yikes! Then, they did not send the doctor's report to my physician or the other ophthalmologist who referred me there. I spent over 5 times on the phone and they kept lying to me. They made me go back to the office to sign another release form and still I had to keep calling. Only when the ophthalmologist called did he get a copy and then he sent one to my physician. Never dealt with such rude/incompetent staff, but he seems to be a very good doctor.

I really like Dr. Byrnes. He has an appropriate sense of humor which puts me at ease. He is kind but straight-forward as to what is going on and I like that. He answers my questions thoroughly. One office technician/assistant seemed a bit detached and rote for my taste. Office staff very friendly and helpful. Yes, I would recommend Dr. Byrnes and this Manassas office.

Very knowledgable and caring. Highly recommend.

Top notch

Had retnal surgery in feb. and have had no complications in my recovery. Will need cataract surgery next, but that was fully explained before any action was undertaken. Would recommend him to everyone .

Fantastic, great diagnostician

I had some complex symptoms in the months following a retinal emergency that no doctors of any specialty could figure out - it took him about 2 minutes to say "OK, let me explain what is happening here". I don't think a doctor could be more competent.

Dr. Gordon A Byrnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manassas, VA.