Dr. Gordon J Hutchinson Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Gordon J Hutchinson?

Great Doc

Dr Hutchison is a great doctor and has a wonderful bed side manor He also takes his time to listen what your concerns are. He is not a 15 minute Your times up kind of Dr.

Horrible Staff

Sue who answered phone wouldn't give me the time of day. My mom was a patient there for 30 years. Had lupus. Now my daughter exhibiting symptoms and ANA off the charts. Losing hair. Pain. 21 years old. She basically said I don't have time to listen to you. Joan Fanning was good to all of you in the office and Sue basically just made me so upset with her bold. On caring attitude.

I think he has a reputation as being a good doctor and is probably excellent when it comes to treating certain conditions. He is always very professional when I see him and I believe he has the best intentions in trying to treat his patients. He also acts very skeptical towards me and it often makes me feel like he doesn't trust my judgment when it comes to what's happening to my own body. I think maybe I could have started on more effective treatments and started feeling better sooner if he trusted what I was telling him. I've lost years not feeling well . I know he would never intentionally try to do that.

Will not go back to him.

Doctor spent entire visit looking at computer not at me....the patient

The doctor is very nice and is suppose to be one of the best in his field. However, I waited in the waiting room 2 hours before being seen. When I finally saw the doctor, He spent the entire visit looking at the computer screen and not at me. I did not feel that he was listening to me. I only had half his attention because his focus was on the data on the computer not on me.

I've been hopeful that he would help me and thought he was trying to help me but I'm not sure if he really understands what I'm actually going through..I thought by this point I would have more answers but I keep getting worse. He's good at giving me ideas on different specialists to see or what to talk to my PCP about to rule out other conditions, however when I see these specialists or my PCP they seem to think many of my issues can be addressed by my Rheumatologist. I feel like I'm being tossed back and forth and not making any progress with getting better...He can be a cold fish but I also thought he was a top doc, and I was willing to overlook this thinking by this point I would have more answers and be getting better not worse. I would like to enjoy my life again.

Dr. Hutchinson is very thorough and always spends a lot of time with me at appointments...he is honest and will admit if he doesn't know an answer. I think he puts thought into his decision as to how to truly help the patient in the long run...he's not about quick fixes to make patients happy for the moment. I trust him.

Best Rheumatologist around

Dr. Hutchinson is a very caring doctor. He doesn't rush through appointments, he is attentive and is willing to discuss options for treatment at length. I was driving to another state to see a specialist for RA. I was referred to Dr. Hutchinson by one of his patients that had also driven hours to see the same specialist. We are both very happy to have found Dr. Hutchinson.

I have a rare disororder that he said would take 10 years to find, if ever

and due to the medical system he was right! A phenomnamal fellow nailled it at the 6 year mark but it fell through the cracks when my PCPs didn't folllow up. Finally I had definitive testing (surgical bx) around the 10 yr mark to learn that symptomatic treatment and stress avoidance- hardly what had gotten me a diagnosis and prevented the medical field in general from damaging me even more were an easy prescrition. Dr. Hutchinson however was always supportive and honest about his knowledge, lack of definitive diagnosis, but hope that eventually I would find the missing links. At least some have presented themselves.

One of the Best

Sometime when you visit a doctor you wait a long time. The only time I have waited more than what I would say is normal was when Dr Hutch had an emergency. The Office staff is very helpful and extremely pleasant. Not cold business above all types. Not all doctors offices have people who can actually make you feel better by just kidding around a bit. They never hesitate to help or answer questions. I was recommended by one of his patients who was with him for years. I also now recommend him highly. Not something I do lightly. Not all doctors deserve to be recommended. He does.

Best in CT in my opinion

I've been to a few including one voted Top Doc. Dr. Hutchinson is by far the best around in my opinion. He is caring, I never feel rushed and he listens.