Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon K Ijelu has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 5 of 20
I've been going to Dr. Ijelu for about 6 years. He is the only Dr. that got my medicine right for my High Blood Pressure. Although you may wait 30-45 minutes to see him, but when he does get to me, he's always courteous and caring. He answers any and all questions that I may have. He explains in a way that I can understand my health issues. I have no problems with Dr. Ijelu.
Each time I go I have to wait at least 1 hour before being called into a waiting room in the back. All-in-all, I can expect to spend 2 to 2 1/2 hours at each visit. Depending on the amount of people (which usually isnt all that many) the wait time can be longer. Its totally ridiculous! However, I really like Dr. Ijelu as my general practitioner.
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Gordon K Ijelu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGordon Medical Associates Pc, 6329 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Gordon K Ijelu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.