2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Gordon J Katz?

I had a tonsillectomy as an adult, which has a surprisingly painful recovery. I called back in when the recovery was going very poorly, I was in a lot of pain, had trouble talking to my children in the evenings because talking hurt so much, and could hardly eat even soft foods. I was almost out of prescription pain medication and was afraid that the pain would become much worse when I ran out. Mind you, I had never taken a narcotic before in my life, did not like how they made me feel, and was genuinely afraid to take them to long. I was hurting so much, however, that I felt I need something to control the pain. Dr Katz was very rude to me, made it obvious that he believed I was faking it and just wanted the meds, spend 2 minutes in the room with me and just told me "Congratulations, you are done with the medicine." He told me to go down to just Ibuprofen (which I had already been on). I told him that I was afraid the pain would become too much, and his response was "Then go back to a liquid diet," and walked out the door. Very rude, poor bedside manner. Great job, though, making a patient who is truly in a lot of pain feel abandoned and like I've been called a liar.

Two Surgeries

I have had two surgeries by this man for chronic sinus issues and pain and am still in pain. He didn't help me and I still have pressure and pain in my sinuses. He spent very little time with me and didn't really seem to care. Go somewhere else.

Great Dr...... horrible policies.

Dr. Katz is excellent, but BEWARE and read all of the very fine print. They like to sneak in a 50.00 fee for late/no show on your appointments. In addition, their automated appointment confirmation is on crack. It called and told me that I missed 3 appointments that I never set up.

Very Pleased!

I came in to see Dr. Katz for tinnitis. They put me on the schedule for a new patient visit within a week, other places had a longer wait time. The receptionist was very polite and took my insurance card and photo ID to copy and got them back to me quickly. I waited in the waiting room for approximately 10 minutes. The nurse took me back and was very nice! She sat me down asked why I was there, I told her I had some ringing in the ears for the past couple months and then Dr. Katz came in and greeted me and he did a thorough exam, he talked to me for a good amount of time and order me to have some testing done with the hearing department. I had a hearing test, and then was ordered to come back for a special test for the ringing of the ears. I came back for the testing and the audio department were very nice and easy going. They got me in the same week as the test to review the testing and Dr. Katz suggested that I get hearing aids to help drown out the ringing. The hearing aids work great! I highly suggest Dr. Katz.

would not recommend

saw this dr for recurring sinus and ear problems. he decided that i need nasal surgery for a deviated septum and that would resolve my issues. Not the case. Had a post surgery quick follow up with his colleague and asked him did he think this surgery would solve my issues and he replied "you will have to ask Dr Katz that question" I guess he wasn't Dr enough to give an answer, but Dr enough for my follow-up. Further, when I would call to tell them of continuing problems, one nurse told me "Dr Katz said there is nothing else he can do for you" Waste of time and money. My septum is still deviated, and my nose tissue were not the same for years. He had a room full of sick kids needing ear tubes so there is his easy money. As someone else said, he doesn't care.

Offended

Took my autistic son to see this doctor for something stuck in his ear. The doctor proceeded to tell him he's old enough you should not be squirming. I told him he is autistic and is sensitive to this kind of thing. The doctor didn't even know what autism was! It only effects 1 and 150 children in the U.S! Was not happy was was very offended that he was so impatient with my son. The other staff was nice and was willing to help.

Dr. Gordon J Katz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dayton, OH.

Dr. Gordon J Katz Is this you?