Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon A Lake
Dr. Gordon A Lake, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Lake is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Lake has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gordon A Lake has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Medicine
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gordon A Lake has the following 1 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Gordon A Lake has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
My former excellent Bay Area physician having retired, I was recommended to Dr. Lake by several nurses at Alta Summit hospital, each of whom had selected Dr. Lake as their personal physician. They told me that he was not only a superb doctor, but also a caring and personal one, who hand-writes notes when he has new thoughts on their conditions. This given, I was eager to see Dr. Lake, and find him as courteous, careful and thorough -- taking his time to understand each possible problem or condition -- as he was described. I also admired his broad concern with the environment when he mildly (not forcefully) suggested that I not use antibiotics for a condition which, indeed, remitted without them.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Gordon A Lake accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsHill Physicians Abmc-Summit, 2921 McClure St, Oakland, CA
Dr. Gordon A Lake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.