Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gordon M Nakano
Dr. Gordon M Nakano, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI, with other offices in Honolulu, HI and Honolulu, HI (and 1 other location). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nakano is affiliated with Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children. He speaks English.
Dr. Gordon M Nakano has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Lung Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Nakano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Gordon M Nakano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gordon M Nakano in this video.
Dr. Gordon M Nakano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.