Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gordon Neligh III has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Gordon Neligh III has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Gordon Neligh III has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Gordon Neligh III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Read previous comments. I was also referred to Dr. Neligh after exhausting the abilities of previous docs, and his specialty seems to be treating such folks. He asked me all the "normal" questions, but also asked me questions no one had asked me before, and over time gave me answers an explanations no one else had been able to give (not to mention treatment that actually worked after many years of failed treatments). He's very sharp (read smart, perceptive, and creative) and a self-proclaimed "geek" about continuing to research and keeping himself informed about things happening in his field. This seemed to place him ahead of the curve at times, and also made him seem unconventional sometimes, too. But it's this that saved MY life too, like the previous commenter. All that said, getting in touch with him can be difficult, it's true. He's bad at prompt communication EXCEPT when it's an emergency, in which case he is excellent. In a crisis he is attentive, caring, and extremely thorough - he is more interested in what's going on and making sure you'll be OK than he is about getting off the phone (which unfortunately seems like a priority for certain other doctors if you catch them at the wrong time). Bottom line? Yes, Dr. Neligh has his faults, but I would and will go back to him as soon as he is practicing again, and would recommend him to anyone who has struggled for a long time to find treatment that works.
After bouncing around Dr. to Dr. and being told they were unable to help me I finally found Dr. Neligh. He diagnosed me as bipolar and after experimenting with some different meds. he found the right combination and...well I'm still here. I know that if it hadn't been for him, I would not be here today.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Oregon Health & Science University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions8670 Wolff Ct, Westminster, CO
Dr. Gordon Neligh III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, CO.