Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gouri Datta has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Gouri Datta has the following 13 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Gouri Datta has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gouri Datta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Darts is one of the best psychiatrists out there. She truly cares about her patients and the only reason she may run a little late sometimes is because she gives you the time and consideration you need. From working with you to get help during hard times to carefully managing your medication, you will not find anyone better. I love her as my doctor and hope I am with her for a long, long time.
Dr. Datta is very kind and polite, and she always takes the time to listen to your problems and worries, and she offers very helpful advice when needed. The things I dislike are the small, always packed waiting room, sometimes having to stand due to there being no seats, and the long waits, most of the time an hour or 90 minutes past my appointment time.
Having Dr. Datta as a doctor is great, but the office practices are terrible. Too many people are scheduled back to back which does not take into account the amount of time Dr. Datta really spends with her patients. For almost every visit I have waited over 1 hour. The waiting room is always packed and privacy is not always afforded with the office staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
45 Years Experience
Darbhanga Medical College
Graduated in 1973
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHoly Family Hospital, 70 East St, Georgetown, MA
Dr. Gouri Datta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Georgetown, MA.