Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Godwin C Izuegbunam has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Godwin C Izuegbunam has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 20
I have been a patient of Dr. Izzy's since he opened his practice. My experience with him and his inept staff has been nothing short of a horror story. He preaches about God at every opportunity, and even suggested to me at one time to pray instead of providing adequate dosages to control my pain! His response to any constructive alternatives to his treatment ideas are met with a threat to "refer you back to your previous doctor". He moves his practice location every year. For what he never explains. He pushes "procedures" quite heavily, as this is where the real money is. His office staff are completely inept, constantly demonstrating a complete lack of professionalism, organization, and most importantly, compassion. He's from a third world country, and I think he can act like he still lives there. His practice is just a part-time job for him, as he takes every opportunity to return to Africa to attend his ministries. I have related my experiences with this man to many other medical professionals, and they cannot believe my experiences with him. I would never refer anyone to his practice except a member of the medical licensing board to investigate revocation of his ability to practice medicine. The patients that I see in his waiting room look as though they live under a bridge somewhere. I have never seen this in ANY other professionals office, and it really makes you think about what's going on here. Go to his office if you want to see what a freak show looks like, but don't go there for medical reasons.
Had my first visit yesterday & was not preached to. He did a very complete history on me, warned me about some of the meds I am taking being bad to mix with the pain meds. I hadn't known this. Staff was very nice & helpful. Can't think of anything bad to say about him. He upped my meds after 7 years of taken the same dose at other pain clinic. Got my first good night of sleep in years. I am very happy with him & will continue seeing him.
1. Overall, what is your opinion of this doctor? very poorI was referred to Dr. Izzy (on business card by spine surgeon whom Izzy uses for patient appointments.The room is devoid of use except a place to write prescriptions. HIs office is located ina medical billing office off of Northern Blvd.Upon first visit, Dr. Izzy spoke of God for almost an hour. Good if that were the reason I was their. But as a buddhist, I had no need for listening to a doctor rave on about his beliefs. He is African origin, and therfore lacking in skills in communication.I have a high tolerance of opiods and require higher dosages that average individuals. I had a lung removed due to cancer, spinal surgery, peritinitis whereby I was given morphine and other opiods for a lengthy period of time so my body is use to them.As a result of overdose of chemotherapy, my entire body suffered especially spine that began a rapid degeneration leaving lower lumbar without any space between disks and narrowing of canals causing central nerve pinching and bulging hernia. It is so bad that any motion is extremely painful, like knive tips of 100s spiking your move. It is incredible how painful the spine can be and disabling your ability in living a quality life.Dr. Izzy has noone for on call emergencies, that happened to me after bad falls and slips. He was unable to be reached which is against the law in Arizona. I broght this to his attention and he has obviously held this fact against me.I went to him to change my scripts for your body becomes use to them. I have had to use narcotics for more thatn five years, do not get high on them as they have no effect except to aliviate pain to a point for living. The pain is never gone. I sleep on a lazy boy chair, knees up and equal to sholders for no stress to lumbar region.He prescribed for more than six months 90 mg a day of oxycodone (30 mg 3X Daily) with 60 mg morphine Er (30 mg er 2x Daily. He opted to give me a script of 8 mg of Delautin 3 times a day, that does not even touch the pain for it is less than one 30 mg of morphine. He then informs his nursethat he no longer wishes me to be his patient. I am filled with anxiety and forboding days when I am without meds to alieve the pain and suffering that is beyond words.He is not a sensitive doctor, does not follow theoath to be a doctor in America, has different addresses that are not correct. His first name isw Godwin NOT Gowdin. I am searching for legal representation for his breach of care in a critically ill patient without notice and with negligence.Therefore, I warn all people of his questionable integrity and skills for treating pain effectively. Heplays god and does not listen to this patient and is a very vindictive personality. Disappointed is beyond the words I have in this doctors care. I am sufferiing greatly and reminded of him with each move that those knives penetrate leaving me useless as a human being. He has taken my dignity.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Nigeria
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Godwin C Izuegbunam accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsAssured Anesthesia, 7600 N 16th St Ste 150, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Godwin C Izuegbunam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.