Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Grace S Eng has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Grace S Eng has the following 18 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Pituitary Diseases
Dr. Grace S Eng is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have tried for over 3 and a half months to get in and see Dr ENG. Her patient coordinator is a joke and doesn't return calls . I have heard every excuse from Jessica( patient coordinator about what is taking so long and am fed up! I am a type 1 diabetic and have recently moved to this area and do not have an endocrinologist yet and after reviewing Drs, I thought Dr Eng was a good choice. They don't return calls, they tell me I have to find another Dr to issue labs tests to be done and then bring them to her because the Dr likes to have productive appointments . Isn't that what she is supposed to do? I have never been treated so poorly by an Endocrinologist.
I have confirmed pituitary tumors and a resulting Growth Hormone Deficiency [GHD]. In all the medical literature reviewed online, as well as her very own American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists', ALL lead to an "Standard of Care" protocol, by which Human Growth Hormone [HGH] lost in the GHD diagnosis -- IS REPLACED BY SUPPLEMENTAL INJECTIONS OF HGH.Most incredibly, despite this obvious conclusion, AND, the literature, AND, ever her own Association, HER WHOLE PRACTICE OF ENG, WONG, AND SHURTER DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT! PRESCRIBE ANY HGH REPLACEMENTS. They would rather be ignorant, woefully NOT up-to-date, and more importantly, let the patient suffer, than help with the multitude of sympmtoms GHD presents. She should have her license taken away!!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Grace S Eng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Grace S Eng in this video.
Dr. Grace S Eng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Emeryville, CA.