Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Grace S Kim has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Grace S Kim has the following 14 expertise
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Dr. Grace S Kim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Anyone with Hashimotos Disease and hypothyroidism please pay attention. Dr Kim was the second endo I had seen for my hypothyroidism. It was a disaster and her lack of knowledge in recognizing the symptoms of hypothroidism made me sicker. When I saw her back in May I was actually pretty ill with a TSH of 24 and feeling horribly anxious. Instead of increasing my dose of synthroid , she told me to lower it. When I actually saw her on an urgent basis, she barely looked up from her computer and had the audacity to insinuate I was an anxious person. This had been my first visit to her and she didn't even know me! My lab work came back with positive antibodies, indicating Hashimotos disease. She just blew this off and replied "Thats just hashimotos". Needless to say I left her practice. Outcome now has been wonderful. Iam seeing an excellent endocrinologist in SF. This MD has infinite experience with thyroid disease and has seen it all. He actually kept increasing my dose of synthroid and symptoms of anxiety went away. Antibodies went down and hormone levels were addressed also. He actually saved my life. I recently talked w dr Kim on the phone to tell her how I felt. She said she was sorry we couldn't "work together" and was happy I got the care I needed but at no time apologized for grossly mismanaging me or for her lack of compassion. Please take the time to read about your disease and be knowledgeable. Also insist on obtaining thyroid studies to determine what your thyroid is doing. The endo Im seeing did this and found out I have only 24% working thyroid. Dr Kim did not bother to do this. Keep searching for the best care you can. Your recovery depends on it.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Grace S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsComprehensive Diabetes-Endocrine Medical Associates Inc, 1140 Laurel St Ste D, San Carlos, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Grace S Kim in this video.
Dr. Grace S Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Carlos, CA.