Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Grant V Hammons has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This doctor doesn't give you the time of day. Spent less than five minutes with me. Took no time to prescribe proper medication for high blood pressure. End result I've been taking the completely wrong type of bp meds for my heart rate. New doctor discerned this immediately and even after just eight days the I have experienced night and day difference. I fear for other patients if they receive the same indifferent care as I did. It's sad and scary to think I spent all that time on the wrong meds and affect it was having on my heart and body.
My girlfriend usualy sees Dr. Almond. She gives rave reviews for her. Dr. Hammons had to see her because Dr. Almond was booked for 3 months. He was rude and sarcastic with her. He would not help with other prescriptions and insisted that she had to wait the 3 months to see Dr. Almond. I understand somewhat but to treat a patient with such disregard is completely unacceptable. I usually don't complain but this really upset me. I called and made a formal complaint. I would suggest Dr. Almond. Hope no one has to deal with Dr. Hammons. Super unprofessional and should be reminded of the code of ethics and how to treat an ill patient!!!
28 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Grant V Hammons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBothwell Regional Health Center, 601 E 14th St, Sedalia, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Grant V Hammons in this video.
Dr. Grant V Hammons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sedalia, MO.