3.4

Have you seen Dr. Harold G Rainwater?

After many months wait I finally was seen by the doctor. When I got to the office I saw a line of patients standing out side the office. I went in a stood at the office window for more than 40 minutes with the woman at the desk actively disregarding my presence finally barking “ sing the sheet and sit down “. It was almost two hours late when I saw the doctor. The office was dirty and garbage cans in the exam room were overflowing. It did not get better. After a biopsy procedure I wound up the sepsis in the hospital. I would never return.

Great doctor, but front office is not very efficient and helpful

Hate the wait, love Dr. Rainwater.

Very sarcastic in matters that are concern to patient. Prides himself in having patients wait for hours. When in need of follow up, you wait for weeks for a return call.

Most incompetent an rude office employees ever seen.They promise with phone calls over and over which you never receive ( Adele promised 3 times still waiting since january) unnecessary lab test (own their own lab ,conflict of interest ). In Emergency unable to see MD,need to wait weeks or months.

Dr. Rainwater was very humorous and made us feel at ease. He was willing to speak in terms that anyone could undrestand and didn't rush us through the visit. He could be a bit more gentle with his hands... but over all our visit was good.

Terrible bedside manners

A fellow professional

This is the only time I have ever seen a doctor do a procedure without the benefit of the effect of anesthesia.I ought to know; I am a doctor.After injecting lidocaine--and without waiting--some 12 or more punch biopsies were performed, admittedly proficiently, but without even waiting for the anesthetic to take effect, causing one of the most excruciatingly painful experiences in my life.It is invariably a standard procedure to inject, then go on to another patient, and then to return @10 min later to do ANY procedure.That he is competent is not an issue; but this was inexcusable. No pain med after was suggested let alone prescribed.I was speechless. In all fairness, he is a competent surgeon. The attitude of staff was no better.

Excellent Physician

I have been seeing Dr. Rainwater for approximately 3 years due to kidney stones. Although his office staff can be cranky and downright rude, he, his nurse, and x-ray technician have always been wonderful. Dr. Rainwater has removed three kidney stones in the last year for me. I have found him to be compassionate and very thorough. He has always taken his time with me and I have never felt rushed. Additionally, after each surgery he has taken the time to explain to my husband what he did and what to expect. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Rainwater. My only complaint is his office staff. Other than Veronica, the rest need to go.

Dr. Rainwater

I would NOT recommend this doctor to any family or friends of mine. I have used urinary catheters for 4 years due to a complete urinary retention secondary to a neurological genetic problem. I requested a refill of my catheters because I was getting low on my supplies. Dr. Rainwater, who called 2 weeks later, refused to refill my order and stated to me "You need to reuse the same catheter over again and you will need to soak the catheter in bleach or use soap and water". Current studies indicate that Intermittent Catheters should NEVER be used more than once. They should ALWAYS be disposable. I can NOT BELIEVE any competent doctor would suggest reusing the same catheters over and over again. This doctor does not care about his patients. When told the risk of UTI's leading to severe Kidney and Urine reflux back into the kidneys causing Permanent kidney damage and possible Sepsis with chronically using the same catheters, Dr. Rainwaters stated response to me was, "Then you will need to go to the ER if that happens, because I will not refill your prescriptions for more catheters". PLEASE do your research when looking for a specialty doctor. Unfortunately, some doctors do not keep up on current research and recommendations and are putting their patients in serious danger.

I wish the waiting time was faster, but then nobody like to wait!

Found my prostate cancer early on, had the sugery quickly. follow up was great. Took time with me for the incontince problem, gave me hope it would be ok. Cancer free and no incontinance problems.

After a very long wait, his visit was brief and not very informative. He was not very thorough and said there was no problem yet I have had recurring kidney stones and infections...? I wish I had gone elsewhere.

Dr. Harold G Rainwater is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fresno, CA.

Dr. Harold G Rainwater Is this you?