Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr Gregg Carr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 239
I was diagnosed with arthritis in both hip joints which caused tremendous pain and diminished quality of life. Dr. Carr recommended total hip replacement for both hips. After surgery, I experienced immediate pain relief. After physical therapy and healing, my quality of life improved greatly. I was able to do things again that I thought I would never be able to do any longer. My sleep improved, my strength improved, and my stamina improved. I literally felt like a new person.
I have been enjoying a total right hip replacement for 2 years. I was in so much pain, taking strong meds but reluctant to have surgery. After talking with Dr. Carr, I agreed it was time. It was the best decision I could have made. There were no problems. I did not even have to take anything for the pain.. a great experience.. Words cannot express the gratitude & appreciation I feel for all of you & the entire team. I was 76 at the time of my surgery and I sing your praises every chance I get.
Dr Carr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Birmingham Surgery Center
23 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Greenville Hospital System
Dr Gregg Carr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Orthopaedic Specialists, P.C., 516 Brookwood Boulevard, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr Gregg Carr in this video.
Dr Gregg Carr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.