Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregg F Gerety
Dr. Gregg F Gerety, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Gerety is affiliated with Samaritan Hospital and Albany Memorial Hospital. Dr. Gerety has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregg F Gerety has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Greets has been my Primary for 20 years. He is extraordinary in every respect: the most knowledgeable endrochronoligist in the business. Always accessible! Exceptional communicative skills. Genuinely Patient oriented. I have had diabetes for 35+ years and have had 4 MD's treating me. He has been, hands down, the absolute best care giver. Always sends test & culture results immediately with evaluation comments included. I wouldn't trade him for anyone else because he is the BEST there is!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gerety is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1982
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Gregg F Gerety accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlbany Med Community Division-The Endocrine Group, 1365 Washington Ave Ste 300, Albany, NY
Dr. Gregg F Gerety is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.