- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory M Ackert has 2 locations
1983 Marcus Ave # E124
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
1983 Marcus Ave Ste E124
New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Book Online Now
Dr. Gregory M Ackert has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Gregory M Ackert has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory M Ackert - Posted on April 10th, 2016
Dr Ackert is the best. I have been with him for many years, moved to Florida for two years rushing to come back to him. I trust him with my life, there is no other doctor I would say that about. He spotted my pnemonia in 1 second, he has so.much knowledge and shares it with his staff and patients. I hope he never retirers....for the sake of all.his patients
He Should Mentor Young Physicians
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory M Ackert - Posted on August 19th, 2015
Dr. Gregory Ackert is a top of the line physician who was able to diagnose my Ulcerative Colitis even after several other physicians were unable to do so. For a patient that is suffering, aside from understanding your diagnosis and being able to pursue viable treatment, an amiable relationship with our physicans is essential to the healing process. A kind empathetic bedside manner is a priceless quality for our physicians to possess and unfortunately a rare find in our healthcare system today. Dr. Ackert is meticulous, trustworthy and knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain and address your questions and concerns. To be able to walk out of your physician's office feeling that he/she genuinely CARES about your well being and that it is important to him/her is a true gift. I have been his patient for about 6 years and am very grateful to have found him. I work as a patient experience manager at a hospital in the NY area and work everyday to elevate the quality of care provided to patients . The quality care he provides should serve as an example for other physicians. It is a true pleasure to be his patient and I highly recommend his care and services.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory M Ackert - Posted on May 20th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
- New York University
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Gregory M Ackert Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Gregory M Ackert
Joined the practice in 2004. Internal Medicine Residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Center 1979-1981. Gastroenterology Fellowship 1981-1983. Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Special interest in Colorectal Cancer Screening and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory M Ackert is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.