Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Gregory A Alba has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Gregory A Alba has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 10
Not happy with his diagnosis.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory A Alba - Posted on February 27th, 2012
Saw Dr. Alba for what I thought was a chest cold. He gave me 5 minutes of his time and said I should take the antibiotic her wrote. I thought that it was strange that he really didnt allow me more time. 2 days later I was in the ER with pneumonia. I was told that I probably was sick for over a week with it. I will not go back to See Dr. Alba.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory A Alba - Posted on February 3rd, 2012
I agree with the woman below. He was great when I had a few sinus infections, but for return after return after return for debilitating fatigue, he ran a few blood tests and dismissed me when they came back normal. He never took my complaints seriously, and it wasn't until I saw a nurse practitioner IN THE SAME OFFICE, was I treated with the care I deserved. 6 months later I was finally diagnosed with Epilepsy. I suggest going elsewhere. He should have done the same tests my nurse did.
Dr. Gregory Alba
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory A Alba - Posted on September 22nd, 2011
Probably okay for minor problems
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory A Alba - Posted on May 29th, 2010
If you have a problem that has a specialist - like gastroenterology or endocrinology - go to the specialist instead of here. If your problem is minor - cold, flu, etc. this should be okay. Despite ongoing symptoms / issues he always says "see you in 3 months"! I need something diagnosed and corrected before 3 months passes! It was my 3rd visit before he physically examined me. Be sure to get copies of your records and check them for errors. Nice man, just too rushed perhaps to treat serious medical issues. I was expecting much more from a DO specialty. (Kept going here while awaiting appt with specialist.)
Dr. Alba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Gregory A Alba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory A Alba is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Danville, VA.