Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory T Altman has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Compartment Syndromes
Showing 5 of 55
This mans time is very important to him. Obviously more important than my time. 2 appt. have been cancelled by the office. I was asked to come in early. Since I was is so much pain I left work early & drove 1 1/2hrs on to get called 10 min. before that they are cancelling again. I've never been so angry at a Dr. in my life. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy. I can only imagine how he treats his clients.
I came to him with a non-union of the tibia(didn't heal) after a bad experience with my original doctor. We decided to have him do a new pinning of the bone. I was up and walking after 2 weeks without a walker or cane. I'm very pleased with his work and my interactions with him and his office, This was 1.5 years after the original injury and very poor care from the original doctor, What a difference! Note: There were times I had to wait past my appoint. time to see him, but often I could see that people with emergencies were being worked in. Well worth a bit of a wait.
Doctor Altman did my knee surgery I had an arthroscopic knee surgery done on both knees and he did a great job hes top knotch knows what hes doing great guy he did he went above and beyond to help me out hes honest and opened one of the best surgeons in pittsburgh i would highly recomend doctor altman wonderful guy hes knows his stuff knows what hes doing
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
27 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Gregory T Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Penn Allegheny Orthopaedic And Rehabilitation Institute, 1307 Federal St Ste 2, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory T Altman in this video.
Dr. Gregory T Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.