Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory L Belenky has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Gregory L Belenky accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington State University, 412 E Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA
Dr. Gregory L Belenky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.