Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory Bishop MD
Dr. Gregory Bishop, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Amherst, OH, with other offices in Upper Sandusky, OH and Sandusky, OH (and 8 other locations). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Bishop is affiliated with Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus and Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory Bishop has 11 locations
Dr. Gregory Bishop has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Gregory Bishop has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 2
One South in Sandusky
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory Bishop - Posted on November 6th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Gregory Bishop - Posted on June 15th, 2015
Dr. Bishop is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus
Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus
31 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Gregory Bishop Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Gregory Bishop's office for more information.
315 N Leavitt Rd Amherst, OH : (440) 984-3882
777 N Sandusky Ave Upper Sandusky, OH : (419) 294-4388
1925 Hayes Ave Sandusky, OH : (419) 557-5177
143 E Water St Sandusky, OH : (419) 627-9289
1854 E Perry St Port Clinton, OH : (419) 557-5177
122 W Center St Fostoria, OH : (419) 435-0204
675 Bartson Rd Fremont, OH : (419) 332-5524
76 Ashwood Dr Tiffin, OH : (419) 448-9440
390 E Howard St Willard, OH : (419) 935-0452
290 Progress Dr Bellevue, OH : (419) 483-6516
292 Benedict Ave Norwalk, OH : (419) 663-3737
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Gregory Bishop, MD - Psychiatry in Amherst, OH, in this video.
Dr. Gregory Bishop is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Amherst, OH.