Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory S Cheatham has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I am using Dr. Cheatham for opioid dependency. I chose him because I know he is not a pill pusher or legal drug dealer as pain clinics are for the most part. He admitted me into the hospital for 3 days to observe and dose me correctly which I hated being in the hospital, but I do believe that it is smart on his part. I ask him if it was possible for me to be completely off subutex within 3 months and he seems to think so which is what I hope for. I strongly desired to stop taking narcotics so this would be in your favor if you decide to go this route. So far, so good, but not at the end yet. His program offers counseling with the medication as well. I really like him and he explained things to me. The only drawback so far is trying to get in touch with someone. I know they have a lot of people doing this program so I try to understand, but it is scary when you are coming off opiates and need an answer about the meds. Hopefully, they will hire more people to handle this situation because 2 girls is just not enough it seems. Overall, I really like the doctor and Jennifer at New Vision is such a sweetheart. She is just overloaded with patients right now. Thumbs up!!!!
I made the decision to find another doctor after many "fails" from Dr. Chatham and his staff to provide timely refills on maintenance meds, not providing test results that required immediate follow-up with a specialist for a condition that was very serious, and after waiting 7 months for s referral to a heart specialist( which by the way I never received)! I find this behaviour from a doctor very disturbing! They always had a "reason" for their actions which was not acceptable! On Dr.Chatham and his
19 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Gregory S Cheatham accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiver Oaks Urgent Care Walk In, 1813 Beltline Rd SW, Decatur, AL
Dr. Gregory S Cheatham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, AL.