Dr. Gregory Cheatham Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Gregory Cheatham?

Life changing

Posted on July 8th, 2016

Since i started going to this dr my life has starter to become so much better! Thank u dr. For helping to save my life!

Patient

Posted on April 18th, 2016

Excellent Dr!!!!

patient.. Annual physicals

Posted on April 11th, 2016

Dr Cheatham has been great about not only checking me but explaining why things work the way they do. He doesnt seem to be in a hurry or mind spending the necessary time.

New Vision Program

Posted on January 14th, 2016

I am using Dr. Cheatham for opioid dependency. I chose him because I know he is not a pill pusher or legal drug dealer as pain clinics are for the most part. He admitted me into the hospital for 3 days to observe and dose me correctly which I hated being in the hospital, but I do believe that it is smart on his part. I ask him if it was possible for me to be completely off subutex within 3 months and he seems to think so which is what I hope for. I strongly desired to stop taking narcotics so this would be in your favor if you decide to go this route. So far, so good, but not at the end yet. His program offers counseling with the medication as well. I really like him and he explained things to me. The only drawback so far is trying to get in touch with someone. I know they have a lot of people doing this program so I try to understand, but it is scary when you are coming off opiates and need an answer about the meds. Hopefully, they will hire more people to handle this situation because 2 girls is just not enough it seems. Overall, I really like the doctor and Jennifer at New Vision is such a sweetheart. She is just overloaded with patients right now. Thumbs up!!!!

disgusred

Posted on May 30th, 2015

I made the decision to find another doctor after many "fails" from Dr. Chatham and his staff to provide timely refills on maintenance meds, not providing test results that required immediate follow-up with a specialist for a condition that was very serious, and after waiting 7 months for s referral to a heart specialist( which by the way I never received)! I find this behaviour from a doctor very disturbing! They always had a "reason" for their actions which was not acceptable! On Dr.Chatham and his

Posted on October 28th, 2013

Dr Cheatham is a horrible doctor. He put me on some medication and refused to give me information about it. Said if I stopped taking it he would stop seeing me. When I mentioned that I sued my dentist for failure to provide informed consent he ditched me. His PA Kim is very sweet helpful and kind. If you can just see her great but I found him to be a real jerk.

If you value your life find another doctor!

Posted on September 27th, 2013

Dr.Cheatham is horrible! ..I am not sure as to whether he dislikes female patients or older female patients but he REFUSES to examine them! If they question him about blood work results he becomes EXTREMELY irritated and sarcastic. I will be calling my insurance to initiate an investigation. Dr. Cheatham seems to forget that patients DO NOT work for him rather he WORKS for the PATIENT!

Posted on October 10th, 2012

Great family doctor that listens to his patients. Time in waiting room can be sometimes long but it is because he is spending time with his patients. I was reffered to him by my mother in law and I have my whole family see him and his nurse practitioner, whom is also a great listener and physician. Desk personel are also easy to speak with and quick.

Posted on May 20th, 2011

I have been seing Dr. Cheatham for several years. Dr. Cheatham and his staff have always been courteous and Dr. Cheatham spends more than enough time with me during appointments. A wait time of 30 minutes or more may be accurate but who wants a Dr that has few patients?

Terrible Experiences

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Dr. Cheatham is always behind schedule and always in a rush. I have never seen him without waiting forty minutes or more at his office. Refills are very difficult and twice I have asked for a refill three days in advance and then gone to pick it up and it was not ready. The office has never called me to follow up about anything. When I have complained about the wait, it was as if I did not matter. Dr. Cheatam is nice in person, but often seems as if he is trying to be a counselor rather than a doctor. I hope he gets the message about keeping patients well, rather than waiting until they are sick and then having them wait an hour to see him. There are many better doctors in Decatur, who come highly reccomended.

Posted on September 2nd, 2009

Dr. Cheatam's office does not follow-up. Getting prescription refills is a very painful process. Dr. Cheatham is consistently rushing and always has an excuse for why you have waited in the waiting room for forty minutes or more and why you have waited in the exam room for an additional thirty minutes or often more.

Patient abandonment

Posted on September 14th, 2008

Dr. Cheatham sent a certified letter dismissing me from his practice. He gave no reason. He was abusive on the telephone, calling me an "idiot" and reluctant to tell me why I was abandoned. He refused to give me perscriptions until I could find another doctor. I would not recommend this person to anyone. His personality is cold and disconnected. He has been reported to the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners.