Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory A Cheek
Dr. Gregory A Cheek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Loma Linda, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Cheek is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus and Sharp Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory A Cheek has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Gregory A Cheek has the following 8 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Gregory A Cheek is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
We have had a few encounters with Dr. Cheek.Starting in 2004. He is a very dedicated and compassionate Dr. I think he has a very strong presence. He has helped my daughter when she was critical with pnuemonia. Only once I cried when he told me he had not seen someone of my daughters age live as long as she has. From a parents view point that is a heartbreak, especially when you are going home for the evening. He is very knowlegable and explains what is going on with the situation.Only thing that bugs me is he looks at your throat not your eyes when speaking to you.Maybe he is checking the breathing out!!
Dr. Cheek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Gregory A Cheek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoma Linda University, 11370 Anderson St, Loma Linda, CA
Dr. Gregory A Cheek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loma Linda, CA.