Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory P Cosgrove
Dr. Gregory P Cosgrove, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Cosgrove is affiliated with Avista Adventist Hospital, St Anthony North Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory P Cosgrove has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I met Dr. Cosgrove inorder to discover what was wrong with my lungs and what kind of treatment could I receive concerning my lung condition. Dr. Cosgrove evaluated me in one meeting, and I received a treatment plan after I returned home. What I liked about Dr. Cosgrove was that he took time to see me, he was efficient, he had studied my records and knew how to zero in on my symptoms. He was comfortable in his own skin and was not afraid to do surgery if need be--in other words, he was confident. Also his fellow Dr. Neumeier was also very thorough getting information from me and asking me many follow-up questions. In conclusion, I felt I could trust Dr. Cosgrove to make the right decision for me under a difficult situation. I do not feel that he is the type of doctor that would just put you on a drug, unless you could get a result from it nor would he do surgery if your life was at risk, but would find a different way to contend with the situation. All in all, your chances are pretty good, if he is your doctor, for he doesn't give up on a cure for a disease.
Dr. Cosgrove is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Gregory P Cosgrove accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNational Jewish Medical And Res Center, 1400 Jackson St, Denver, CO
Dr. Gregory P Cosgrove is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.