Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Gregory P Dilimetin
Dr. Gregory P Dilimetin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bellmore, NY. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dilimetin is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Dilimetin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Gregory P Dilimetin has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Gregory Dilimetin is the very best; a Nephrologist who can identify and stop a problem before it happens. He is professional, caring, and is genuinely concerned about his patient's health. He was very thorough in reviewing my hospital records, personal history and taking it all into consideration when evaluating my current kidney function (a more accurate assessment than the computer-generated lab results). He halted and is helping regress what would have progressed into a serious kidney problem--my other doctors didn't catch this and one of my doctors was ordering another MRI with contrast (which would have further exacerbated my kidney function). He took me off nephro-toxic medications and substituted other less toxic meds. He is monitoring my blood pressure. He took the time to talk with my daughter regarding his treatment and my current status. Dr. Dilimetin has a whole person approach to helping stabilize and restore kidney function by reviewing all meds and their interactions, making and managing changes with meds, monitoring blood pressure and water retention, etc. I highly recommend him because I had an excellent patient experience. His office staff is very competent as well--she gets very quick turnaround on referrals, etc.
Dr. Dilimetin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1986
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Gregory P Dilimetin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNassau Nephrology Llp, 250 Pettit Ave Ste 4, Bellmore, NY
Dr. Gregory P Dilimetin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellmore, NY.