Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Gregory S Goings has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Gregory S Goings has the following 17 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Gregory S Goings has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Gregory S Goings is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I was very satisfied with my visit with Dr. Greg Goings. He was direct and to the point which is better than others I have been to when it was like pulling teeth to get an explanation. He is very gentle and kind and did not make me feel like the clock was running. I recommended him to my son who was happy with his visit also.
Dr Goings replaced a hip for me a couple of years ago.I developed a staph infection that Dr Goings did not address properly or quickly enough to the point I will be on medication for the rest of my life. When the infection progressed through my entire body my knee replacement form 9 years prior completely disintregated. Because of the infection when my old knee was being replaced, the new surgeon would not replace because the infection had to be removed as much as was possible so a new knee could be installed. I laid in bed for 10 weeks (without a knee) until a new knee could be installed. I do not trust Dr Goings to do surgeries and would not recommend him to anyone.
I am sorry to hear about your staph infection. Standard protocol for surgery is to give IV antibiotics before and after surgery. I am sure you were given these antibiotics. Also, hip replacement surgery is performed with me wearing a bubble suit, or "space suit," to prevent germs getting from me to the patient. If there is drainage from the wound after surgery, it may indicate infection, so my practice is to culture the wound for infection and consult an infectious disease specialist. This has always been my practice. I am sorry if somehow you managed to get an infection in spite of all my precautions.
31 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Orlando Regional Medical Center
Dr. Gregory S Goings accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Gregory S Goings is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Clinton, OH.